Dates and Locations
November 2-3, 2017
Courtyard by Marriott DFW Airport North
Please send us an email or call 781-862-0966 (toll free 855-TOWERNX) for more information.
Use this form to register for the training classes.
Day 1: Basics of Tower Modeling and Design
- Step-by-step data input instructions
- Editing techniques and shortcuts
- Tower sections generation, base tower, upper tower and antenna modeling
- Monopoles (incl. base plates)
- Analysis and design options
- Feed line input, feed line types, shielding options, feed line clusters
- Appurtenances and microwave antennas, offsets and azimuths
- Welded and bolted connections
- Structural shapes and appurtenance database – adding, editing, updating
- Numerous "real-world" examples
- No prerequisite
Day 2: Advanced Tower Modeling and Design
- Detailed discussion of bracing types and their applications
- Effective feed line and appurtenance placement
- Solution control parameters and their impact on convergence of non-linear analysis
- Non-converging models, typical causes and remedies
- Graphical and text output – detailed interpretation, isolating member failure causes
- Finite Element Analysis input and output, model diagnostics using FEA information
- Specific code implementation issues for TIA-222, Rev. F and G
- Worked-out examples and their comparisons with manual calculations
- Prerequisite: Course 1
Days 1 and 2 provide 8 PDH units (0.8 CEU) each. Certificates of completion will be provided to all participants.
tnxTower/RISA-3D Integration Demonstration
Learn how to bring your tnxTower model into RISA-3D. Create a customized tower by changing your loads, geometry or code in RISA-3D.
Download (53.9 MB)
tnxTower Candelabra Demonstration
Learn how to quickly build a candelabra in RISA-3D and import into your tnxTower model. Create loads and apply guys to the candelabra.
Download (24.6 MB)